Future PlayStation Plus Free Games & Discounts in Europe Discussed
After getting over my jealousy that followed after seeing all the great games that Europe is getting with their October 2013 PlayStation Plus entries (expect the North American info later this month), I was able to look through the comments on the PS Blog. As it turns out, Chris Howe, PlayStation Store and PlayStation Plus Content Manager at SCEE, answered a lot of questions about the near future of PS+.
So, here’s a whole bunch of PlayStation Plus info for Europe in bullet point form:
- Dokuro isn’t scheduled anytime soon for the Instant Game Collection
- Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning DLC might go on sale soon
- The reason the October free games becoming active on September 25th is “the dates can change depending on the amount of weeks in the month and the way we structure the contracts with the publishers”
- On a Mass Effect 1 discount: “Possibly, in a few weeks, no promises but we might have a little something planned”
- A sale on Dragon’s Dogma: Dark Arisen for non-PS+ members isn’t planned at the moment
- One of these games will be added to PlayStation Plus soon: Resistance: Burning Skies, Hotline Miami, Guacamelee!
- Unsurprisingly, Rayman Legends isn’t planned for the Instant Game Collection anytime soon because “it only came out a couple of weeks ago”
- As well, Spelunky isn’t planned for the IGC anytime soon
- The reason that Disgaea 3 for PlayStation Vita and Deadly Premonition: Director’s Cut aren’t in the IGC is because “they haven’t been released in all territories
- The reason Max Payne 3 hasn’t been free is that “we just haven’t been able to strike a deal on it………….yet!”
- They’ve tried hard to get F1 games in the IGC, but “there are issues surrounding licences as I’m sure you are aware sponsorship plays a huge role in F1”
- There hasn’t been a discount on Ni no Kuni because “the publisher does not want to do it at this time so we respect that”
- A discount on Doctor Who: The Eternity Clock soon has good potential
- Resident Evil Chronicles HD isn’t planned for the IGC yet, but it’s on their radar
- Due to it being banned in Germany, the chances of seeing Dead Island: Riptide in the IGC are very low, though with Halloween coming soon, a discount is likely
- Tomb Raider won’t be free in November, “we already have something else lined up”
- None of these games are planned for the IGC in the next few months: Sound Shapes, Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time, the older Tomb Raider games, and FIFA 13 on PS Vita
- Expect a PS Vita indie sale in a few months
Would you prefer to see Resistance: Burning Skies, Hotline Miami, or Guacamelee! go free on PlayStation Plus? Let us know in the comments below.