Assassin’s Creed IV: Black Flag PS4 Patch 1.03 Out Now, is 728MB
It may have taken awhile, but Ubisoft has finally brought out Title Update 3 (patch 1.03) for the PlayStation 4 version of Assassin’s Creed IV: Black Flag.
Weighing in at 728MB, Ubisoft noted on their forums how the new patch generated “temporary connectivity issues” and the “impression that your progression has been reset,” but both of those issues have now been resolved.
Here’s all the patch notes for Title Update 3:
- Fixed a bug where one group remained stuck on character selection if the other group leader quitted with the group while in lobby
- Fixed the situation where sometime two groups couldn’t join each other
Artifact Assault Balancing
- The size of the capture zone has been increased to 6 meters (from 5 meters). This change does not alter the way capture zones work. It doesn’t change the number of elements in it or the number of access to it. However this slightly reduces the time for the attackers to get to the capture zone. It widens the zone a little bit for them.
- Fixed a bug that prevented players affected by Knife from teleporting.
- Fixed a bug that sometimes made a player become invisible when he tried to teleport while holding the artifact.
- The Casting Time of Teleport can know be crafted to 3.5/3.15/2.8 seconds (from 3.5/3.25/3.00). Teleport was too hard to counter on AC3 once crafted to its maximum, but we agreed that the crafting of the Teleport was this time too small to really make a difference. With the updates done on other abilities, we decided to slightly increase its crafting.
- Players affected by Time Phase are not able to climb or jump anymore. We originally wanted to give some natural counters to the Time Phase, but this gave too much advantage to pursuers in team modes. With this change, we want to make the ability more reliable.
- A 1 second delay has been added before re-opening a door/lift with unstoppable equipped. Countering a just-closed chasebreaker is a great feeling. Unfortunately, the ability unbalanced the game too much in Artifact Assault and ruined some level design opportunities: running on a straight line became the basic strategy for carriers. We want to reward strategic and cunning escape techniques, and we think that a player should always have the advantage for using a Chasebreaker. The Unstoppable ability was breaking this promise. But we didn’t want to remove the perk, as we like the opportunity it gives to the game: a closed chasebreaker will now take 1 second before being reopened.
What this means:
- A running pursuer will miss the reopening. He will climb the door or the wall behind the lift, or miss the just used corner helper.
- How to take advantage of the perk: by slightly slowing down your run or simply by doing some zigzags in the last meters before the chasebreaker (to give it some time to reopen).
- Well used, Unstoppable still lets the pursuer to go on with the chase. But Chasebreakers will now always give an advantage to the targets, and the use of the perk now has to be planned.
- Fixed a bug on the Wolfpack income
- Fixed some rare crashes and freezes
- Fixed a situation where the sign out message was not displayed when a sign out from PSN occured
- Fixed the icon for the “Professional” abstergo grade
- Fixed the situation where Abstergo rank appeared as undefined for unranked friends in Abstergo Network menu
- Applied fixes on the ladders
- Fixes the situation where you could see the animus shield during respawn
- Fixes on Wolfpack extra-objectives
- Fixed a bug where the compass disappears after Minor Hack has been used on NPCs
- Fixed a bug where the same clan could be splitted in the lobby
- A clan group remained stuck in character selection screen after the second clan was returned to search session
- Fixed a bug where player’s decoy could be seen running in mid-air in a specific location in Prison
- Fixes on the rewards and unlocks
- Fixed a bug on favorite profile set sometimes replaced, once selected in game, by another one.
- XP earned when completing a Wolfpack session has been slightly reduced.
- Teleport: Casting Time can now be crafted to 3.5 / 3.15 / 2.8 seconds.
- Fixed the situation where the title remained stuck after unplugging the Ethernet Cable and having the Character Pack installed.
Are you still playing Assassin’s Creed IV: Black Flag? Let us know in the comments below.