The Catch-Up: January 9th, 2014 – Robert Bowling Stops Thieves at Robotoki
I know you’re probably expecting a bad joke to kick off today’s Catch-Up, but I can’t think of one right PlayStation Meow.
- It looks like we finally know the release of Basement Crawl on the PlayStation 4 as the PlayStation Store in North America lists it for January 21st, 2014. We’ve reached out for confirmation from Bloober Team, so stay tuned. [Source]
- On February 24th in the United States, the WWE will be launching the WWE Network on PlayStation 3 and PlayStation 4 through the WWE App. You can read the full FAQ for WWE Network over here, though a brief overview shows that it costs $9.99 per month and gives you access to tons of content, including all 12 WWE live pay-per-view events. [Via]
- This may or may not turn into anything, but Sony Santa Monica is asking people which 1st party PlayStation All-Stars characters they’d like to see given PSN avatars. [Send Them Your Selections Here]
- The Wolf Among Us Episode 2: Smoke & Mirrors could be releasing very soon as the Australian Classification Board rated it today. Fingers crossed! [Source]
- In possibly-a-joke news: Shaquille O’Neal said in a recent interview that Shaq Fu 2 is happening and the graphics are crazy. [Head to 1:35]
- A matchmaking update for Batman: Arkham Origins went live today, which reduces the tendency of being placed into an empty lobby. [Source]
- Available on the PlayStation Store in Europe already, Nordic Games has confirmed that The Raven: Legacy of a Master Thief is coming to North America on January 14th. More details will likely arrive on Tuesday. [Press Release]
- Perhaps not as interesting as getting an armed visit from the LAPD, Robert Bowling of Robotoki posted this video on Instagram, which shows two men attempting to rob the developer. “Unfortunately for them,” Bowling said, “I work late.” [Twitter 1, 2]:
- Energy Hook from Happion Laboratories was announced today for release on the PlayStation 4 and PlayStation Vita in 2014. Described as a “3D swinging game like Spider-Man 2” mixed with the points-for-style SSX, you swing from rooftop to rooftop, pull off mid-air tricks, run along walls, and rack up points and energy for doing it. Here’s some screenshots [Source]:
- Tecmo Koei offered up the first English screenshot for Toukiden: The Age of Demons, which releases for the PlayStation Vita in February [Twitter]:
- Here’s how someone is trolling people on Xbox One:
- This video from Media Molecule takes you through the creative process of making games:
- If you’ve missed all our previous coverage of PlayStation Now, Access PlayStation posted 10 things you should know:
Do you like how detailed and purrfect the PlayStation Now loading bar is when it comes to the percentage? Let us know in the comments below.