Sony: Over 100 PS4 Games Releasing in 2014; 90% of US PS4 Owners Are Connected to the Internet
As we informed you in the PlayStation Vita Slim announcement post, Anthony is attending a PlayStation Media Preview Event today, where SCEA’s John Koller has held a State of the Business Address.
After first talking about how “PlayStation is the best place to play,” Koller mentioned how the most shared games on the PlayStation 4 so far have been Call of Duty: Ghosts, Battlefield 4, and FIFA 14. He then added that Sharing “helps gamers get that emotional connection” with PlayStation.
Koller also mentioned a few stats about the PS4; some known, some new:
- 1.7 million hours of gaming has been live streamed.
- There’s been 172 million hours of online gaming.
- The PS4 is available in 53 countries.
- 34 million hours of gaming are spent per week globally on the PS4.
- There will be over 100 games on PS4 this calendar year.
- 90% of all PS4s in the United States are connected to the internet.
- There are 48 million monthly Shares captured.
- Retail cards have seen a 120% growth year-over-year.
- PlayStation Plus memberships have grown over 90% since PS4 launch.
If any more news comes from the PlayStation Media Event today, we’ll let you know.
Update: The PlayStation Twitter account added that the most Remote Played titles are Assassin’s Creed IV: Black Flag, Don’t Starve, and NBA 2K14.