UK Sales Chart Sees Destiny: The Taken King at #1, Sells 57% on PS4
The digital version of Destiny: The Taken King may have set records on PlayStation, but the retail version in the UK only managed to sell 16% of the original’s debut, though it was enough to claim #1 on the chart. For a breakdown, The Taken King sold 57% on PlayStation 4, 34% on Xbox One, 7% on Xbox 360, and 2% on PlayStation 3.
In terms of other new releases, Forza Motorsport 6 on Xbox One debuted in second, with Pro Evolution Soccer 2016 right behind it in 3rd. A little lower down the charts, Rugby League Live 3 was in 9th, while NHL 16 opened in 15th.
Here’s the top 20 selling retail games in the UK for the week ending September 19, 2015, according to GfK Chart-Track:
- Destiny: The Taken King
- Forza Motorsport 6
- Pro Evolution Soccer 2016
- Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain (down 54%)
- Mad Max (down 45%)
- Super Mario Maker (down 58%)
- Grand Theft Auto V (up 3%)
- Disney Infinity 3.0 (down 18%)
- Rugby League Live 3
- LEGO Jurassic World
- Gears of War: Ultimate Edition
- Minecraft: Xbox Edition
- Until Dawn
- Call of Duty: Ghosts
- NHL 16
- Minecraft: PlayStation Edition
- Dying Light
- Madden NFL 16
- Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare
Do you think FIFA 16 will set any records when it launches this week?