Knights and Bikes Announced for PS4, Kickstarter Campaign Over 50% Funded
Put up on Kickstarter last week for PC/Mac/Linux, Knights and Bikes from developer Foam Sword will also be coming to PlayStation 4 if it’s funded.
Seeing nearly 1,900 backers so far, Knights and Bikes is seeking £100,000. With 21 days to go, it’s currently sitting £54,100. If the game is successfully funded, Foam Sword says it will release in April 2017.
A co-op action adventure game set in a world inspired by The Goonies and Earthbound, Knights and Bikes takes place on Penfurzy Island, a place of medieval legend and modern tourism. Set in the 1980s, you play as two young girls, Nessa and Demelza, who explore the island on foot and on bikes, searching for treasure, discovering new locations, recruiting new gang members, and getting into trouble.
Here’s the description:
When their investigation awakens the malevolent spirits of history, the girls must use their unique skills, and their bikes, to save the island. They deal with the threat with bike-jousting, Frisbee-throwing, puddle-stomping and whatever other kid-like schemes they can improvise. And with each islander they rescue they learn new abilities to enable them to do more and travel further.
- Local Co-Op – Play through the game with AI helpers, or with friends controlling the other characters in your party.
- Explore – Jump on your bikes and explore the island following the ever trusty beak of Captain Honkers, your pet goose.
- Treasure – Trade collected treasure to upgrade your bike and acquire new abilities.
- Quests – Prove yourselves worthy saviours of the island by rescuing loved ones, finding ancient relics, and solving mysteries.
- Battle – Fight like kids do – use your ingenuity to splash enemies with mud, swerve a Frisbee past their shields, hack video game hardware to use against them, or make a fast getaway on your bikes
Who is it for?
This is a game for anyone that ever wore their coat like a superhero cape, wondered if there was any treasure buried in the back-garden, and faced danger by peddling their bike at top speed into it.
Foam Sword consists of Rex Crowle and Moo Yu, former Tearaway, LittleBigPlanet, and Ratchet & Clank devs. “We’re making games about fun, friends, and imagination,” they say.
Will you be backing Knights and Bikes?