Treyarch Looking for Systems Designer With Knowledge of “Modern Military” Technology
A recent job listing published by Call of Duty studio Treyarch has been making rounds online as it specifically seeks candidates that have “deep knowledge base of firearms and modern military technology.” Understandably, it has fans wondering if the series will return to modern day following futuristic and historical outings.
Here’s what the listing for Combat Systems Designer, which was also tweeted out by Design Director David Vonderhaar, states:
The skills & experience you’ll need:
- 4 or more years of combat & game systems design experience on one or more shipped action games with Player-centered, moment to moment gameplay systems.
- 1 or more shipped multiplayer games, with an excellent understanding of action-oriented Multiplayer gameplay, and highly familiar with recent Call of Duty Multiplayer mechanics.
- Excellent written and verbal communication and organizational skills.
- Absolute passion for playing and making video games, paired with a professional attitude.
- Excel in a team environment, self-motivated, and egoless.
And you’ll really get our attention if you have:
- Combat design experience on a AAA competitive shooter.
- Previous design experience owning entire categories of gameplay content both at the moment to moment and systems level.
- Deep knowledge base of firearms and modern military technology.
- Prestige 1 or above in Black Ops 3 Multiplayer.
While this isn’t a confirmation of anything, information about past Call of Duty titles have often been teased in similar ways so to think that the next installment might be set in the present isn’t really a stretch. That said, take this with a grain of salt as we keep you posted.
Let us know if you want Call of Duty to return to modern day.