I’m honestly not too into these kinds of games. But in the interest of our readers, I’ve found some new info on the game from Namco-Bandai. I apologize if you already know this info, but it’s news to me (then again, I mentioned I don’t really follow this genre).
So, without further ado, I bring you the details of Eternal Sonata for PS3:
Cross the Bridge Between Dreams and Reality
On his deathbed, the famous composer, Chopin, drifts between this life and the next. In his final hours, he experiences a fantastical dream where he encounters a young girl facing a terrible destiny and the boy who will fight to save her. On the border between dreams and reality, Chopin discovers the light that shines in all of us in this enduring tale of good and evil, love and betrayal. Developed by Tri-Crescendo and featuring the music of Chopin, Eternal Sonata for the PLAYSTATION®3 delivers amazingly detailed 3D graphics, a captivating storyline, an innovative action battle system as well as new playable characters, quests, music and more.
- New PS3 Quests, Battles and Events: Experience new quests, battles and events that will shed new light to the dramatic and evolving storyline compared to the previous version.
- New Playable Characters and Costume Changes for the PS3: Now players can play as Crescendo or Serenade and change some of your favorite character’s costume to your liking.
- Exclusive New Music for the PS3: Listen to newly added Chopin music – a key element in the environment and story.
- Multiple Endings for the PS3: Choose your characters wisely to see where the journey takes you.
- Custom-Made for Next-Gen: Enjoy amazing, high-definition, anime style cel-shading and high quality textures to truly deliver an awesome next gen experience.
- Innovative Battle System: Battle using a unique, hybrid turn-based/action RPG system that combines free-roam and turn-based action (up to three players during battle).
- Strategic Use of Light and Darkness: Adjust your battle strategy in the ongoing struggle between light and darkness. Beware of enemies lurking in the shadows, as their stats – attacks and potency – will change, as will their physical form. Lure them out into the light or destroy them within the cloak of darkness. Change your special attacks depending on whether you are in the light or in the dark.
- Dramatic and Evolving Storyline: Experience a deeply moving story focusing on the enduring struggle between good and evil all taking place in a dream during the final 3 hours of world-famous music composer Frederic Chopin’s life.