North America gets Demon’s Souls Deluxe Edition
ATLUS SPOILS DEMON’S SOULS FOR PLAYSTATION 3 COMPUTER ENTERTAINMENT SYSTEM WITH PRE-ORDER BONUS ART BOOK AND NORTH AMERICA-EXCLUSIVE DELUXE EDITION; OFFICIAL RELEASE DATE SET FOR OCTOBER 6th
If you can only buy one version of Demon’s Souls, make it one of these two…
Atlus U.S.A., Inc. today revealed that Demon’s Souls™, a groundbreaking action RPG experience for PLAYSTATION®3 system, is to become the newest entry in the Atlus Spoils fan appreciation program. In addition to the standard version of the game, which now features new North-American exclusive box art, there will also be a deluxe edition. For less than it costs to import the game, fans will receive a 150+ page strategy guide (only available as part of this deluxe version, not for sale anywhere else) and a collectible outer slipcase, in addition to the game itself.
Moreover, fans who pre-order either version will receive a free bonus art book with designs and concept sketches from the world of Demon’s Souls (only at participating retailers, while supplies last).
“Atlus Spoils is all about giving back to our fans and thanking them for their support, and we’re excited to be able to do something very special for Demon’s Souls, on October 6th, PLAYSTATION 3 system owners will be treated to the definitive release of what many consider to be the most innovative action RPG in recent memory. With both the standard and deluxe versions of the game accompanied by irresistible North American exclusives, like a special pre-order bonus art book, we hope this is an offer patient Demon’s Souls fans will be hard-pressed to resist.”
– Tim Pivnicny, Vice President of Sales and Marketing at Atlus.
Demon’s Souls for PLAYSTATION 3 system is scheduled for North American release on October 6, 2009. The standard version will retail with an MSRP of $59.99, and the deluxe edition with an MSRP of $69.99. Pre-orders for the deluxe edition are scheduled to begin on Wednesday, July 8th.
VISIT THE OFFICIAL WEBSITE: WWW.DEMONS-SOULS.COM
About Demon’s Souls
King Allant the XII, the last king of Boletaria, searched tirelessly to expand his might. The Nexus, a great ice shrine nestled in the mountains, bestowed the power of the souls onto him, bringing prosperity to his kingdom. Still unsated, he returned again to the Nexus, where he foolishly awakened the Old One from its eternal slumber. This long forgotten evil, now wrought upon Boletaria, plunged the realm into darkness and fog. A mighty demon horde poured into the kingdom, devouring the souls of men.
Champions from other realms learned of Boletaria’s fate and sought to deliver the kingdom from evil; none would return from the cursed land. Called upon by a mysterious maiden in black, you go forth, the last hope for humanity in a place lost to demons and darkness…
- Ultimate hardcore RPG challenge – In this brutal land, death is inevitable, but not final. Combining the best features of an action game and RPG, you’ll slice, smash, shoot, and ensorcel some of the most horrible, vicious enemies ever encountered. Are you strong enough to face the impossible and win?
- Groundbreaking online capabilities – Network features go far beyond any previous RPG, allowing players to leave hints for each other, replay death scenes, cooperatively revive dead players, or invade another player’s game to wreak havoc. Not merely an add-on feature, multiplayer options are vast, and uniquely focused on changing and intensifying the single player experience.
- Freeform and flexible – The open-ended structure of the game means that there is no single path, but rather a wealth of options. Set your own pace and progress as you like. Build exactly the character you want by creating a detailed avatar, nurturing the right stats, and customizing your skills and equipment.
- You act, the world reacts – The World Tendency system changes the aggressiveness of monsters and the rewards for killing them based on players’ actions. Different events and NPCs may be triggered, as well.