Call of Duty: Black Ops is the fourth Call of Duty title in development by Treyarch. If you’ve been clamoring for more information on this game, then look no further! Well okay look a little bit further, just past the jump.
USA Today recently pulled Treyarch studio head Mark Lamia aside for some more juicy details regarding the game:
- Black Ops will have two-four player co-op.
- The main campaign will have the player in the shoes of at least two main characters, from both the American and Russian viewpoint of the Cold War.
- The setting is actually a “longer period during [the] era.”
- Real-life black-ops veterans were consulted during research. Because these people had access to superior weaponry, expect the same experience in the game.
- Treyarch’s writers are “focused on telling an epic story.”
- Among the new weapons will be a crossbow. While not used for sniping, it will be used for stealth and potentially to place an explosive from a distance. Weapons will be modifiable.
- The SR-71 is going to replace the AC-130 for attacks from above.
- The animations in game will be created using the same system as was used for Avatar, so the story should be far more emotional this time around.
Hopefully that’ll help whet your appetite until more information pops up. Call of Duty: Black Ops has a current release date of November 9.