The first official MAG expansion pack has just dropped on the PlayStation Network, and it brings a new gameplay mode and a bunch of rewards. Put on you headset – the Shadow War is back.
The MAG Interdiction DLC pack is the first expansion to the massively multiplayer shooter. After releasing several patches that range from gameplay tweaks to weapon mods, Zipper Interactive has brought forth tons of new content. Most notably is the new game mode, aptly titled Interdiction. Built for 128 players, Interdiction places two rival factions on one of three new faction-neutral maps, Iron Creek Quarry, Lake Bayano Spur, and Sovot Motorway. While using armored vehicles, teams must take control of and hold three objectives while keeping the opponent from doing the same.
Along with the new mode is the “Heavy Armor” set, as well as new ribbons, medals, and trophies. The DLC just launched for $9.99 on the PlayStation Network. Even if you don’t download the expansion, make sure to download the “Interdiction Activation Patch,” to make your game compatible with the new mode.
To celebrate the release of Interdiction, Zipper is hosting Double XP Weekend. It starts this Friday at 12:01am Pacific Time (3:01am Eastern, 7:01am GMT). Just make sure to complete every match you start, or you won’t get any experience. Good luck everyone. See you on the battlefield.
- Raven – Heavy Ceramic Composite
- SVER – Triple Reinforced Battle Armor
- Valor – Plated Heavy Fiber
- Jump Start – Capture 2 Command Posts in a round of Interdiction
- Mowing the Grass – Get 10 kills with a vehicle turret in one round
- Dashed Hopes – Destroy 2 mines with gunfire in one round
- Cannonball Rally – Become an MVP (1st, 2nd, or 3rd) in a round of Interdiction
- Roadside Assistance – Capture 10 Interdiction control points over your career
- Landscape Architect – Get 50 kills with a vehicle turret over your career
- BOD – Destroy 20 mines with gunfire over your career
- Designated Driver – Earn 5 Interdiction MVPs over your career
- King of the Hills (Bronze) – Earn the Roadside Assistance medal while playing Interdiction
- Red Ball Express (Silver) – Earn the Designated Driver medal while playing Interdiction
- Road Runner (Gold) – Capture 3 Interdiction control points in a single round