Team17 has been pumping out Worms releases for many years, and today sees the announcement of Worms: Battle Islands as a digital download title for the PSP via the PlayStation Network.
One of the key features of the game is the multiplayer focused Tactics Mode. The mode allows players to take control of their very own Secret Island Base made up of many different islands, each island imparting a tactical advantage for the player to use at the beginning of a game. Additionally, a is a comprehensive weapons editor will also be included in the PSP title. Players can create their own weapon, tweak and tune with a multitude of adjustable elements and then take it to the battlefield.
Key features for Worms: Battle Islands include:
- All new multi-player Tactics Mode, coupled with the player’s secret island base feature.
- New player ranking system awards the player with experience points; higher ranked players gain access to more of the game’s locked items.
- The utilities ‘Flare’ and ‘E.M.P. Grenade’ appear only in Worms™: Battle Islands.
- The only 2D version of Worms™ to feature the ability to design and create Custom Weapons.
- Brand new in-game environments not previously featured in a Worms™ title.
- Appearance of a player’s team is customisable to a higher degree than any other 2D Worms™ game, with new items including masks, backpacks and customisable power-bars.
- Fresh presentation theme with all menus seemingly taking place within the player’s secret island base, and all operations handled by the player’s own four-worm strong team of staff.
- PSP® exclusive – an exclusive ‘Time Attack’ mode, comprised of ten individual time-based single-player challenges.
Worms: Battle Islands will see a release this winter. Check out the game’s screenshots below.