Neither Activision nor Infinity Ward have talked much about Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3‘s multiplayer details. The publisher and developer is expected to reveal more on the online component of the shooter in the coming months, most likely during E3. However, fans might not need to wait any longer for possible details on Modern Warfare 3‘s multiplayer.
Kotaku, the original source who posted the massive leak of Modern Warfare 3, now claims to have obtained new information regarding the shooter’s multiplayer. With the first leak turning out to be real, the following details could very well be true. According to the site, Modern Warfare 3 will boast a total of 20 multiplayer maps, as well as perks making a return. Kotaku, however, is unsure on how many Modern Warfare 2 perks would be making a comeback, saying:
New perks include:
- Blind Eye: This makes you immune to computer-controlled and player-controlled killstreaks. The pro version makes your launchers lock on faster and gives you extra bullet damage to vehicles.
- Assassin: This makes you immune to UAV, thermal, and heartbeat sensors. The pro version also makes you immune to CUAV, EMP and no longer shows your name in red or the crosshair in red when you’re targeted.
- Point Guard: Every two assists count as a kill towards your killstreak.
- Dead Silence: You make no noise.
- Recon: Gives you a special kind of radar to spot enemies, most likely. We’re not sure on this one.
Modern Warfare 3’s killstreaks include:
- EMP Grenade: Temporarily takes out all area electronics.
- Littlebird: A tiny remote-controlled helicopter.
- Precision Airstrike: Calls in an airstrike on a targeted area.
- Stealth bomber: Calls in a B2 Spirit to carpet bomb along a line designated by the player.
- Remote Turret: A remote controlled turret.
- Directional UAV: A UAV that can be directed into areas to scan for enemies.
- Remote Mortar: Direct a mortar team using a zoomable camera view of the map to call in strikes.
- Airdrop Trap: A booby-trapped airdrop.
- Ammo Resupply: An ammo reloading airdrop.
- Escort Airdrop: A protected airdrop.
- Specialist Strike Package: This one remains a mystery to us.
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 is currently scheduled for a launch on November 8th, 2011.