THQ has announced they are publishing a new third person survivor horror game which will come to the PSN next year, entitled The Haunted: Hells Reach.
The new shooter is on its way to the PlayStation Network, and is being brought to us by ValuSoft, a division of THQ. Perhaps more importantly, its being developed by last year’s winners of the $1 Million Intel Make Something Unreal Contest, who were challenged to create the most interesting mod of Unreal Tournament 3 possible. Maleea Barnett, Managing Director ValuSoft Division, commented on their skills and resulting game, stating:
The winners of the contest are an extremely talented group of individuals and we are thrilled to bring their first video game to the market. The Haunted: Hells Reach is a suspenseful thriller that delivers a rich blend of combat and action/adventure, set in eerily dark environments and is guaranteed to have horror enthusiasts and hardcore gamers at the edge of their seats throughout the entire nail-biting experience.
The premise of The Haunted: Hells Reach is fairly basic – with the forces of evil set to invade Earth, a few humans ready to try and stop them by using deadly weapons and melee combat. Main game features include:
- 30 stages spread over eight terrifying locations;
- More than 20 enemies;
- Four Human playable characters;
- Masses of upgradable weaponry: the knife upgrades to a chainsaw, witch hammer and glaive;
- Six secret weapons on each level;
- Four exhilarating and distinct game modes: Survival, Cooperative, Battle and Demonizer;
- Level events such as meteor showers and lightening storms affect game play;
- Restore your health and respawn your comrades by destroying the soul stones.
While the PC version of this game is releasing in October for $19.99, console users will have to wait a little longer, with the publisher only stating that it will arrive on PSN and XBLA sometime in early 2012.