inFAMOUS 2 was a direct sequel to the original inFAMOUS, and although it retained much of what made the original incredibly popular, and arguably one of the best new IPs this generation, it offered plenty of new concepts. One of its boldest and most noteworthy additions was the mission creator which has allowed thousands of players to customize and create their own levels ranging in style and presentation. What has been a heavy source of replay value for many is now being expanded upon by Sucker Punch Productions.
The third patch for inFAMOUS 2 is now available for download, and adds a slew of new options for the creative gamers out there looking to unleash their clever ideas. Additions include:
- Devourer and Titan are now able to be placed in created levels as either foe or friend.
- Mission Linking allows creators to link together levels and offer follow-up missions and sequels.
- Mission Reviews which allow written reviews of played levels.
- Relative Health. You can now change “Health” and “Cole’s Energy” modifiers as percentages.
- Volume/Monitor Reset. New “Reset When’ option on Volume and Monitor logic objects lets you change how or when they can be reset after being triggered.
- Author Mission Search. Search results will now display the level author’s name.
User-created missions range from platforming challenges, to extremely difficult survival scenarios, and these new assets and options will not only feed the creative-minded more to play with, but will also give players a broader range of levels to enjoy.
On top of constant patching, inFAMOUS 2 will see its first major DLC added next month in the form of Festival of Blood. If you love vampires, or just enjoy playing action games, be sure to check out the trailer.