Racing fans rejoice! Even though Xbox 360 gamers will be treated to a new entry in the Forza Motorsport series very soon, PlayStation owners have a serious update to look forward to for the uber-popular racing sim Gran Turismo 5.
Update 2.0 will bring many changes that will improve the overall experience in Gran Turismo. According to a Twitter post from game creator Kazunori Yamauchi, the team has taken fan feedback to heart. “basically we’ve tried to include the feedback we’ve received from all our players.” He continued on the EU PSBlog:
The coming Gran Turismo 5 Spec 2 update is an update that contains the feedback from the users playing GT5 online every day. We have added cars such as the newest NASCAR race cars, but many of the updates are those that improve usability and expand the field of game play. I believed from the initial release of Gran Turismo 5 that it would be the users that would make the game grow thereafter, and we added things like interior views for the standard models because there was a lot of request for it from our users. You could say that this update is the shape and form of GT5 that was created through the opinions of our fans.
Here’s what you can expect from the update:
- Simplified interior view added to all standard cars – the level of detail will “vary” from car to car
- Mid-race save feature for endurance races
- User control of the weather change feature
- Improved physics and AI
- Added a setting sheet feature allowing you to save multiple car settings
- Spec 2.0 opening movie
- Replay fast forward/rewind
- Expanded online lounge features (Narrowing down car types, shuffle races)
- Expansion of the B-Spec remote race you can play from gran-turismo.com (a graph display now shows changes in race rankings)
- Expanded Photo travel features (you can now take photos of cars together with your avatar)
- Improved UI response and usability
- Added a “NASCAR Pit Scene” stage to Photo Travel
- Added eleven 2011 model NASCAR cars
- Added the Nissan GT-R N24 Schulze Motor Sport
- Support for the Logitec G25/G27 Steering wheel
This update, dubbed Spec 2.0, will be available from October 11th for free.