Sony Flexes PlayStation Plus Muscles: Over $1200 in Savings in 2011
PlayStation Plus is $50 a year. That’s expensive for any type of service. But when you weigh the potential savings against the cost of PlayStation Plus, the value is unmatched.
Sony has taken the liberty of showing everyone just how much you can save with PlayStation Plus… by releasing some highlights of the service over the past 12 months.
For just $50, you could have saved $1200 on various PlayStation Plus offers. Granted, you’d have to buy everything they offer, but that’s a value you can’t shake a stick at. Take a look at some of 2011’s PlayStation Plus highlights.
- Number of free PlayStation 3 games offered: 17
- Value of free PS3 games and add-ons: more than $200 –Highlights: Costume Quest, Stacking, Plants vs. Zombies, Hydrophobia Prophecy (Move), Magic the Gathering: Duels of the Planeswalkers 2011
- Number of PlayStation 3 game discounts: 132 – Highlights: Magic the Gathering: Duels of the Planeswalkers 2012, Braid, Resident Evil Code Veronica X HD, Call of Duty Black Ops Sale, Borderlands Full Bundle, Limbo
- Number of full game trials: 43 – Highlights: Mortal Kombat vs. DC Universe, Red Dead Redemption
- Number of betas: 4 – Highlights: UNCHARTED 3: Drake’s Deception, SOCOM 4: U.S. Navy SEALs Multiplayer Beta
- Number of Early Access Demos: 6 – Highlights: Mortal Kombat, Killzone 3 Single Player
Looking at that list, Sony has every right to brag. And that’s not all that PlayStation Plus has to offer. I’ve been taking full advantage of the cloud storage to move Skyrim saves back and forth between PS3s. I also never have to wait to sync my trophies.
My PlayStation Plus just renewed which had me thinking back – I’ve easily saved over the $50 initial cost, got a ton of free goodies, and early access to a few demos and betas. I’d say that’s money well spent.