Sony has released the first details and box art for GameStop-exclusive Starhawk Limited Edition, in addition to the game’s box art.
On the PS Blog, Sony revealed that gamers who pre-order Starhawk at GameStop will automatically be upgraded to the Limited Edition. The Limited Edition contains over $20 worth of content, which is as follows:
- The Maw of Despair Outcast Pack, which includes the Maw of Despair co-op map and Shade Warrior skin for multiplayer. The Maw of Despair is a challenging co-op mission inside a dangerous Rift mine, which is home to the oldest Outcast tribe, the Shade Warriors. The Shade Warriors have pure Rift energy inside them, which grants them extra toughness and combat skills. The mission’s firefights are said to push players’ shooting skills to the edge.
- The Echo Scrapyard Rift Pack, which includes the Scrapworld Homeworld Online Lobby and the Huxley Ardin Cyborg Multiplayer Skin. The Echo Scrapyard is an exclusive player Homeworld which is home to Huxley’s mechanics shop and junkyard. Huxley’s shop is known as the best place in the Frontier to get spare parts for Razorbacks and Sidewinders. In the canyon basin below that, trails and roads exist where players can test their Razorback 4×4 and Sidewinder Jetbike driving skills.
- Starhawk Concept Art PS3 Theme.
- A downloadable version of the original Warhawk for PS1.
- The Official Starhawk Soundtrack: Christopher Lennertz’s original score for the game made available for download.
To see the game’s official box art and the promotional art for the Limited Edition, click on the Media Gallery below:
Starhawk will release exclusively for PlayStation 3 on May 8, 2012, but will you be picking up the limited edition? Let us know in the comments below.