Major video game retailer GameStop will be holding midnight launches for the First Edition Bundle of the PlayStation Vita.
At midnight on February 14th, certain GameStop locations will be open for the PlayStation Vita’s First Edition Bundle launch. Not all locations are participating, so check this link for the GameStop nearest you holding a midnight launch event.
The page doesn’t explicitly say that you need to have pre-ordered a First Edition Bundle to pick one up at the event, although there is a link on it to pre-order one online with a note that Vita can also be pre-ordered in stores.
GameStop also gives the following notes about the event:
- Doors will open in most locations at 11PM, but gamers should call their local GameStop in advance to check for the exact opening time.
- First Edition Bundles will be available for pick-up at midnight.
- Between 11PM and midnight is when the store will finalize your transaction. You will have to go to the register to receive your finalized purchased receipt. Finalizing the transaction is where they accept your deposit, partial or full, and create a sales receipt.
- Bring in any trade-ins you’d like to use towards trade-in offers to lower the price of your Vita.
- You don’t have to arrive at 11PM and can show up any time between 11PM and midnight. However, the earlier you show up, the earlier you can have your trade-ins and transaction processed.
Gamers can learn more about the midnight launch by calling this hotline number: 1-888-490-7664.
Will you be attending the Vita First Edition Bundle midnight launch events? Let us know in the comments below!