While those of us in North America will be treated to the Survival Edition and Post-Pandemic Edition of The Last of Us on May 7th, Europe will be getting two different special editions on the 7th, with a big Joel and Ellie focus.
The Last of Us: Ellie Edition is exclusive to GAME, while The Last of Us: Joel Edition is exclusive to Tesco and Independents. Either of these editions will run you £59.99/€79.99/AU$114.95 and you can view all the contents below:
- The Last of Us mini artbook: explore the world of The Last of Us through some of the remarkable artwork that gave shape to the game
- The Last of Us: American Dreams Issue #1: the first in a series of comics created in partnership with Dark Horse to delve into the backstory of Ellie. The version included features a variant cover found only in these special editions
- Exclusive game pack: The Ellie Edition showcases the character Ellie on the game pack artwork, while the Joel Edition will feature Joel’s face
- Collectable poster: an exclusive screen print effect poster of each character can be found in their respective editions
- DualShock 3 skin: skin your PS3 controllers with Joel or Ellie, depending on which edition you decide to order
- Survival DLC Pack
- Sights & Sounds DLC Pack (available to anyone who pre-orders the regular edition of the game)
- Official Game Soundtrack by Academy Award winning musician Gustavo Santaolalla
- PS3 Dynamic Theme
- PSN Avatars: Winter Joel & Ellie
- LittleBigPlanet Sackboy Skins: voucher codes for a downloadable Joel skin or a downloadable Ellie skin for your Sackboy character depending on which special edition you choose
Do either of these intrigue you? Let us know in the comments below.