The news that we could have guessed already and was leaked earlier this week has finally been confirmed by Sony and Naughty Dog as the Uncharted 3 multiplayer is going free-to-play today on the PSN.
Once you download the file onto your PS3, you’ll have full access to the online portion of the game, but will stop ranking up at Level 15. After reaching that level, the game still tracks the experience points you earn, so if you eventually decide to unlock the level cap, the XP built up gets added to your profile.
Being that Uncharted 3 is now free-to-play, there’s quite a few additional areas you can buy access to, which we’ve placed below:
- Uncharted 3: Multiplayer Co-Op Adventure Add-on – Unlocks Co-Op Adventure mode including the Fort Adventure DLC ($11.99)
- Uncharted 3: Multiplayer Co-Op Arena Add-on – Unlock to gain access to the Co-Op Arena Playlist, including the Co-Op Shade Survival Mode DLC ($9.99)
- Uncharted 3: Multiplayer Competitive Multiplayer (Level 25 Limit) – Removes the Level 15 cap and allows you to play up to Level 25 ($4.99)
- Uncharted 3: Multiplayer Competitive Multiplayer (No Level Limit) – Removes the level cap ($19.99)
- Uncharted 3: Multiplayer Split-Screen Add-on – Unlocks Co-Op Adventure mode including the Fort Adventure DLC
- Uncharted 3: Multiplayer DLC Map Packs – Unlocks all three DLC map packs
- Uncharted 3: Drake’s Deception Single Player Experience – Unlocks the Single Player campaign
The Uncharted 3: Drake’s Deception Game of the Year Edition is also coming to the PlayStation Network today. This download runs you $39.99 and includes the full single player, full multiplayer, all 12 DLC maps, all co-op multiplayer modes, and over 40 character skins.
Are you going to be downloading any Uncharted 3 content to your PS3 today? Let us know in the comments below.