The full NPD report for August 2013 won’t be released for a little bit, but that hasn’t stopped EA from touting that Madden NFL 25 has topped the sales charts as the #1 selling game of the August in North America (which is sad news for Saints Row IV), according to their internal estimates.
Here’s some fun stats about Madden NFL 25:
- Between August 27th and September 2nd, more than 1 million copies have been sold at retail.
- 6 million hours were played in week one (equivalent to 600 consecutive years).
- Seahawks vs. 49ers was chosen as a matchup three more times than any other.
- More than 3.3 million Ultimate Team packs were opened, the most since Ultimate Team was introduced in Madden NFL 10.
- Saturday was the highest day for net revenue in the history of Madden Ultimate Team.
Andrew Wilson, Executive Vice President of EA Sports, had this to say:
The strong start for Madden NFL 25 on current generation consoles is a testament to the power of this amazing franchise and its fans. It’s a big year for our fans as we launch Madden NFL 25 for two different hardware generations, and we’re pleased with the early results for the Xbox 360 and PS3. We’re confident we can sustain this momentum as we move towards the launch of next generation consoles this Fall with the most innovative Madden NFL yet.
John Love, Director of Video Games for Amazon, added:
The Madden NFL 25 Anniversary Edition was the best-selling sports game preorder in Amazon.com history. Our customers have responded and we have certainly seen a significant growth in Madden NFL sales this year versus last year.
Madden NFL 25 will also be available as a PS4 and Xbox One launch title this November.
Are you going to watch the season opener tonight between the Broncos and Ravens? Let us know in the comments below.