Ignoring the fact that Monster Hunter 4 on the 3DS finished in first yet again, it was a pretty good week for PlayStation games with 7 titles in the top 10, including two for the PlayStation Vita. On the hardware side of things, the PS3 and PS Vita were up a bit at 11,382 and 6,031, respectively, while the PlayStation Portable dropped to 4,805.
Outside of PlayStation, The Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker HD disappointed with a debut of just over 30,000 and Armored Core: Verdict Day gave the Xbox 360 a rare game in the charts as it sold 5,088 copies.
Here’s the top 20 selling games in Japan between September 23rd – 29th, according to Media Create:
- Monster Hunter 4 (3DS) – 213,278
- The Legend of Heroes: Sen no Kiseki (PSV) – 81,622
- Warriors Orochi 3: Ultimate (PS3) – 80,398
- The Legends of Heroes: Sen no Kiseki (PS3) – 67,718
- Armored Core: Verdict Day (PS3) – 59,184
- My Little Sister Can’t be This Cute: Happy End (PS3) – 31,054
- The Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker HD (Wii U) – 30,264
- Warriors Orochi 3: Ultimate (PSV) – 25,483
- Friend Collection: New Life (3DS) – 9,269
- Arcadias no Ikusahime (PS3) – 9,252
- Youkai Watch (3DS) – 8,578
- Disney Magic Castle: My Happy Life (3DS) – 7,575
- Animal Crossing: New Leaf (3DS) – 7,431
- Mario & Luigi: Dream Team (3DS) – 7,361
- Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn (PS3) – 6,866
- Starry Sky: After Winter Portable (PSP) – 6,074
- Meiji Toukyou Renka (PSP) – 5,963
- Epic Mickey: Power of Illusion (3DS0 – 5,569
- Armored Core: Verdict Day (Xbox 360) – 5,088
- Luigi’s Mansion: Dark Moon (3DS) – 5,007
Do you think Monster Hunter 4 will finish in first yet again, before being destroyed by Pokemon X/Y on October 12th? Let us know in the comments below.