Rather than charging you money and releasing this in the form of DLC, Vanillaware has decided to add the Tower of Mirages absolutely free, while also raising the level cap from 99 to 255, provided you’re in Ultimate difficulty.
Here’s the fun explanation for the Tower of Mirages by Atlus:
It has tens of thousands of levels for you to traverse. TENS. OF. THOUSANDS. The ink this message is written in is made from the tears of our QA testers who had to check them all.
And here’s the full list of patch notes for Dragon’s Crown patch 1.05:
- Gameplay stability is improved.
- Clearing the ninth layer in the Labyrinth of Chaos unlocks a new “Ultimate” difficulty level. This difficulty can be selected at the Temple.
- When in Ultimate difficulty, a new randomly generated dungeon named the “Tower of Mirages” is added.
- Ultimate difficulty raises the level cap from LV 99 to LV 255.
- Item shortcuts can now be assigned and used separately by holding L1 and the Up directional button.
- Damage values can now be displayed as a running total instead of per-hit.
- To help increase player character visibility, characters can be shown with transparencies when they are on top of one another. This feature is available in the Options menu and can be toggled on or off.
- Save files that have cleared Story mode can skip the first quests leading to the Talisman collection when creating a new character.
- Guild Quests that have already been cleared may now be skipped in subsequent playthroughs.
- Character class skills have received a number of adjustments.
- NPC behavior has been adjusted.
- Rules and effects regarding equipment, items, and skills in the Colosseum have been adjusted.
- Other tuning and minor improvements to various gameplay elements have been made.
There’s also some sad news to go along with this patch as it is the final one planned for Dragon’s Crown.
Are you going to boot up Dragon’s Crown this weekend and play through Ultimate difficulty? Let us know in the comments below.