New details about Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn and its upcoming PlayStation 4 beta have been revealed, with Square Enix giving out timing and entry details for that beta:
*Japanese Standard Time assumed for all dates, though the beta is available in North America and Europe as well.
- Phase 1: February 22nd to March 3rd
- Phase 2: April 4th to April 7th
- The beta will be accessible for everyone with a PS4, and directly downloadable from the PlayStation Store.
- There will be a character wipe after Phase 1.
- Players who made their character in beta phase two will be able to bring this data to the retail version.
- PS3 and PC players of FFXIV will be able to transfer character data to the PS4 (please note that this is only necessary for the beta — in the retail version, all players will play on the same servers).
If you’re looking to transfer your PS3 save data for Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn to the PS4 version, the service is scheduled to begin on Friday, April 11th, with further details as follows:
- Please be aware that after transferring to the PS4 you will be unable to play the PS3 version using your existing copy.
- Users who wish to play using both the PS3 and PS4 are required to purchase the PlayStation 4 version separately.
- Users who own multiple service accounts for the PS3 can transfer all accounts to the PlayStation 4.
- Users transferring their accounts will have access during the early access period, schedules from the 11th to 13th April.
- Note: To transfer your PS3 account, you must have logged in to it from a PS3 at least once.
The PlayStation 4 version of Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn offers Remote Play through the PlayStation Vita, DualShock 4 touch pad support, player content sharing, and mouse/keyboard play capabilities. To get a look at those features and what the game looks like on PS4 (it’ll be 1080p), check out this trailer:
Do you plan on participating in the either of the betas? Let us know in the comments below.