While we already knew FIFA 15 would be coming to the PlayStation 4 and PlayStation 3, EA has announced that it will also be releasing for the PlayStation Vita. However, the company doesn’t say FIFA 15 is getting a PS2 version, marking the first time since FIFA 2000 that a FIFA game hasn’t appeared on PS2.
With the PS4 and Xbox One versions getting all the attention, EA only noted in the press release that “not all game features are available on all gaming platforms.” If a listing by retailer GAME is to be trusted, the PS Vita version (and Wii and 3DS versions) will yet again be called the Legacy Edition, which would means it’s the same game as FIFA 14 on PS Vita, just with updated kits and rosters.
As we await further details on the PS3 and PS Vita versions of FIFA 15, here’s a list of features you’ll find in the PS4 version:
- With over 600 new emotional reactions, players now respond to pivotal moments on the pitch – bad tackles, missed chances, epic goals – as they would in real life.
Dynamic Match Presentation
- Match Day feels dynamic and immersive. Improved commentary will highlight unique fan reactions, with chants and behavior changing on location. New bench reactions, 10-man goal celebrations and more will keep you engaged in the story of the match.
- Your AI opponents now recognize what’s happening in the match and will adjust their tactics. Park The Bus, In The Mixer and Time Wasting are some of the team tactics you’ll come up against in FIFA 15.
Authentic Player Visuals
- Players look better than ever with a new level of detail in faces, and character models that feel powerful and athletic. Kits move realistically and change with the environment, becoming dirty with mud and grass as the match unfolds.
- Playing surfaces wear down over 90 minutes as in real matches, with boot marks, slide tackles and debris visible on the pitch. Corner flags move, goal frames shake with awesome strikes, and animated LED ad boards bring FIFA 15 to life.
Agility & Control
- Players react and move with improved balance and closer control when in possession, giving personality to the game’s superstars. Keep the ball in a sprint or when looking for an opening in close-touch situations.
- Dispossessing your opponent is more rewarding and physical – intercept and keep the ball with Possession Tackles, and feel it with new shoulder barges and big fall physics. Shirt pulling will also be visible with improved cloth technology.
- The movement of the ball in FIFA 15 changes the game. You’ll see better accuracy in the spin, curl and flight of the football as it moves realistically after contact.
Set Piece Control
- Take control of off-the-ball teammates during throw-ins, corners and free-kicks so they’re best placed to receive a pass and create attacking opportunities.
FIFA 15 launches on September 23rd in North America and September 25th in Europe.