Hooray for free stuff!
- A free update for Trials Fusion has gone live, bringing online tournaments and 10 player-created tracks. For the tournaments, Ubisoft said, “Through tournaments players will be able to see how they stack up against other Trials Fusion players. Each tournament will run for a limited time, giving players multiple opportunities to place on the leaderboards to win rider gear, bike parts, in-game cash and experience points. Prizes will be rewarded based on a players’ position on the leaderboard, the higher the rank the greater the prize.” [Press Release]
- The DLC for Trials Fusion will arrive in six different pieces starting this summer, with each piece available individually, or you can buy the Season Pass for $19.99 and save $10 compared to buying everything separately. The upcoming DLC includes new tracks, new bike parts, rider gear, new items for the track editor, and each piece of content will let you experience a new Career Mode Event. [Press Release]
- Interviewed about Diablo 3 getting The Last of Us-themed content, Blizzard Senior Designer Jonny Ebbert said, “The new Nephalem Rift has a great theme and a weather set inspired by The Last of Us, plus you’ll see certain enemies like Bloaters, Clickers, and Stalkers showing up to fight.” [Source]
- It may be a month or two (or three) before it actually releases, but FuturLab has announced that Velocity 2X on PS4 and PS Vita will be entering Sony QA next week. Provided there’s nothing wrong found with the game, we could be playing Velocity 2X quite soon. [Twitter 1, 2]
- Bandai Namco announced that the open beta for Ridge Racer Driftopia will end on August 15th, where the servers will be turned off. Your feedback will then be “taken into account for the upcoming projects.” [Press Release]
- If you’re interested, the game-less Wolfenstein: The New Order collector’s edition is available for $100 with free shipping in the US until June 23rd. [Check it Out]
- Follow the links to see trophy lists for Another World, Sniper Elite 3, and Z-Run.
- Hideo Kojima had some things to say on Twitter about Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain [Twitter 1, 2, 3]:
Unlike linear game, in open world game, we can’t use the method of creating one spot thoroughly and move to next spot. Instead we are required to create endless map and vast degree of action freedom on the field in order to accomplish gradually. Thus showing the gameplay demo at this stage is still in early stage, but we do it just because we received high demand from users.
- Available in theaters and on demand on July 15th is Video Games: The Movie, which boasts Zach Braff and Cliff Bleszinski as Executive Producers:
- Here’s the latest developer diary for Valiant Hearts: The Great War, coming out next week on PS4 and PS3:
- This interactive Sniper Elite 3 gameplay video lets you choose which way to go:
- This is racing in GRID: Autosport:
Will you be watching Video Games: The Movie?