After Dark Souls 2 launched earlier this year on PlayStation 3, Xbox 360, and PC, Bandai Namco has announced that Dark Souls 2: Scholar of the First Sin will be released for the PlayStation 4, PS3, Xbox One, Xbox 360, and PC on April 3, 2015 in Europe and April 7, 2015 in North America.
With this enhanced version of Dark Souls 2, Scholar of the First Sin will include all three previously released DLC packs — Crown of the Sunken King, Crown of the Old Iron King, and Crown of the Ivory King — along with additional enhancements to the game.
Here’s the upgrades that will be included inside Scholar of the First Sin on all platforms, and will also be added as a patch to the existing Dark Souls 2 game in April:
- Additional NPCs added for an enhanced story experience
- Parameter adjustments for improved game balance
- Augmented item descriptions
- Improved online matchmaking functionality
PS4, Xbox One, and DirectX 11 versions of Scholar of the First Sin can then expect these exclusive features:
- Additional upgrades to graphics, sound, performance
- Increase in maximum online players in single session (6 total)
You can play a demo of Dark Souls 2: Scholar of the First Sin next month at PlayStation Experience.
Are you surprised Dark Souls 2 is getting a new-gen upgrade?