Update 2 (January 6, 2015):
4J Studios has confirmed that the update is now available on PlayStation 4 in North America.
On December 25, 4J Studios said, “No news yet from Sony America on the PS4 update, but they have completed testing the PS3 & PS Vita update, and those are out now.” They then added, “4J are taking a break now, but we’ll be back after the New Year celebrations to fix the bugs being found in the update.”
While North Americans will have to wait until some point this week for news on the updates, 4J Studios was able to release the latest updates for Minecraft on PlayStation 4, PlayStation 3, and PlayStation Vita over the weekend, with the biggest addition being horses.
Here’s the full list of patch notes for Minecraft on PS4, PS3, and PS Vita:
Changes and Additions
- Hardened Clay
- Stained Clay
- Block of Coal
- Hay Bale
- Activator Rail
- Block of Redstone
- Daylight Sensor
- Minecart with Hopper
- Minecart with TNT
- Redstone Comparator
- Weighted Pressure Plate
- Trapped Chest
- Firework Rocket
- Firework Star
- Nether Star
- Horse Armor
- Name Tag
- Horse Spawn Egg
- Wither Skeletons
- Added new terrain generation features – Witch Huts.
- Replaced the Tutorial World with a new world containing some new mini-tutorials for the new functionality.
- Added Beacon interface.
- Added Horse interface.
- Added Hopper interface.
- Added Fireworks – Fireworks interface is accessible from the Crafting Table when you have the ingredients to craft a Firework Star or Firework Rocket.
- Added ‘Adventure Mode’ – You can only break blocks with the correct tools.
- Added lots of new sounds.
- Mobs, items and projectiles can now pass through portals.
- Repeaters can now be locked by powering their sides with another Repeater.
- Zombies and Skeletons can now spawn with different weapons and armor.
- New death messages.
- Name mobs with a Name Tag, and rename containers to change the title when the menu is open.
- Bonemeal no longer instantly grows everything to full size, and instead randomly grows in stages.
- A Redstone signal describing the contents of Chests, Brewing Stands, Dispensers and Jukeboxes can be detected by placing a Redstone Comparator directly against them.
- Dispensers can face in any direction.
- Eating a Golden Apple gives the player extra “absorption” health for a short period.
- The longer you remain in an area the harder the monsters that spawn in that area will be.
- New Game and Host options (Daylight Cycle, Keep Inventory, Mob options, Tile drop and a Regeneration option)
- Added the trial Festive Mash-up Pack
- Added World Resize option (PS4 only)
If you notice the updates have gone live in North America, please let everyone know in the comments below.