Along with two new trailers focused on Killia and Seraphina, NIS America detailed some new features for Disgaea 5: Alliance of Vengeance, which is releasing on October 6 in North America and October 9 in Europe, exclusively for PlayStation 4.
Taking to the PlayStation Blog, NISA’s Tiffany Chin explained the Curry Shop, Nether Research Squad, and more:
The Curry Shop is a new facility on the base where you can create different types of curries, which will give the squad temporary effects that last about one battle. Most of these recipes will give boosts in stats, but not all are good! Some can have a negative effect and are even poisonous!
Nether Research Squad
When your squad isn’t out fighting the good fight, you can deploy some of your recruits to explore the other Netherworlds through the Nether Research Squad. While they’re off researching the Netherworlds, they’ll be unlocking new worlds to visit, finding rare items in other worlds to bring back, and gaining experience for your squad members as they’re off exploring.
These new Netherworlds will sometimes have special world effects, such as Icic-Hell’s snowy world that lowers all characters’ fire resistance. But don’t fret — you can override these Netherworld effects with the Netherworld Editor! This new feature allows you to create new Netherworlds for other people to encounter and play, and if one of the worlds is summoned while you’re in a map, the summoned Netherworld effects will override the effects of the current world. That’s Prinny cool, right?
“But what about the items?” you ask. With the new Alchemist feature, you can have items created for you while you’re off to battle! Create a brand new item and add Innocents to power up each copy. Don’t have enough innocents for your plentiful supply of items? The Innocent Shop can help with that; this shop acts like a warehouse to hold all your precious Innocents while breeding new ones at the Innocent Farm out back. Sometimes if you leave two Innocents alone together at the Innocent Farm, a third will appear with more rare and powerful effects!
As for the post-launch DLC in Disgaea 5, NIS America will release five batches of paid content that allow you to encounter characters from Disgaea 3, Disgaea 4, and Disgaea D2 in various Netherworlds, as well as other games like La Pucelle. If you want to play the DLC one week early, there will be a Season Pass available, which is unpriced at the moment.
Here’s the DLC release schedule (all dates are for Europe and prices are TBA):
Free for the First Month
- Character: Bunny Seraphina
- Items: Weapon Starter Set
- Scenario: A new episode with Laharl, Etna, Flonne, and Sicily from Disgaea D2 as playable characters.
- Character: Girl Laharl, Pleinair, Kunoichi
- Scenario: A new episode with Valvatorez, Fenrich, and Artina from Disgaea 4 as playable characters.
- Scenario: A new episode with Fuka, Desco, and Emizel from Disgaea 4 as playable characters.
- Character: Nisa, Celestial Hostess
- Scenario: A new episode with Mao, Raspberyl, and Salvatore from Disgaea 3 as playable characters.
- Scenario: A new episode with Almaz, and Sapphire from Disgaea 3 as playable characters.
- Character: Metallia, Sorcerer
- Scenario: A new episode with Adell, Rozalin, and Axel from Disgaea 2 as playable characters.
- Scenario: A new episode with Zetta, Pram, and Petta from Makai Kingdom as playable characters.
- Scenario: A new episode with Priere from La Pucelle as a playable character.
In North America, the Disgaea 5 Launch Edition includes the full game, reversible cover, 32-page art book, and original soundtrack in a collector’s box.
If you want to get caught up on previous Disgaea games, they’re on sale this week in North America via the Summer Sale.
[Source: PS Blog]