With over 200 songs already released through GHTV in Guitar Hero Live, Activision and developer FreeStyle Games have announced that over 70 more songs will be added to the platform by the end of this year.
To celebrate the new content coming to GHTV, Activision is giving all players free on-demand access to the entire catalog of songs through the whole weekend, starting Friday, November 6 at 4am PT/7am ET.
Here’s what you can play starting this week in GHTV:
Black Veil Brides Premium Show
- Includes playable footage from the band’s live concert DVD “Alive and Burning,” and will be live on Friday.The DVD chronicles the band’s first ever recorded live performance during their successful Black Mass Tour in November 2014 at the legendary Wiltern Theatre in Los Angeles. Three of the songs from the DVD will be playable in GHTV, including “Heart of Fire (Live)”, “Fallen Angels (Live)” and “In the End (Live).”
Legendary Headliners Premium Show
- “Monster” by Paramore
- “Sugar, We’re Goin Down” by Fall Out Boy
- “First Date” by Blink-182
Pop Goes GHTV Premium Show
- “Chocolate” by The 1975
- “Believer” by American Authors
- “Budapest” by George Ezra
Over the next few weeks, you can expect playable concert footage and music videos from Judas Priest, Iggy Pop, Bully, Leon Bridges, Biffy Clyro, Weezer, Rival Sons, St. Vincent, Alice in Chains, System of a Down, Bring Me the Horizon, and more.
Activision talked about how Premium Shows work in Guitar Hero Live:
In general, new playable music will arrive in GHTV first as Premium Shows. To access most Premium Shows, players can complete the in-game challenge of achieving at least three stars on three different tracks in the GHTV channels or in the catalogue. And, by playing a Premium Show, players have the chance to earn in-game prizes such as status and coin boosts, unique player cards or note highways to show off their rockstar status online. Generally, after a Premium Show ends, the songs will be added to the on-demand catalogue, and then they will enter the regular channel rotation.
Available on PlayStation 4, PlayStation 3, Xbox One, Xbox 360, Wii U, and iOS devices, Guitar Hero Live is significantly outselling Guitar Hero: Warriors of Rock and Guitar Hero: Van Halen, according to Activision CEO Eric Hirshberg in the latest earnings call.