Deciding not to show the cable, here’s what Sony highlights about PlayStation VR in the video:
- 5.7″ OLED display
- 1920xRBGx1080 resolution (960xRBGx1080 per eye)
- 120Hz refresh rate
- Super low latency (under 18ms)
- Approximately 100 degree field of view
- Accelerometer and gyroscope
- Positional tracking with 9 LEDs (360 degree head tracking)
- 3D audio (with stereo mini jack and mic input)
- HDMI and USB interface
PlayStation VR is Social
- Gameplay is output to both the VR headset and TV
At the every end, Sony re-confirms the first half of 2016 launch window for PlayStation VR. However, Sony recently said it was too early to figure out the exact release date and price, though we know it should be priced as a new gaming platform.
Sony also announced at Paris Games Week that over 200 developers are working on PlayStation VR right now.