The sixth Call of Duty game to win the Christmas #1, Call of Duty: Black Ops 3 defeated Star Wars Battlefront and FIFA 16 to claim this year’s honor, rising 33% in sales to do so.
Elsewhere on the chart, Assassin’s Creed Syndicate placed in 6th, which is the first time an Ubisoft title has finished outside the top five in a Christmas Chart week since 2008. Just Cause 3, meanwhile, fell one place to 7th, but sales held steady with a 0% shift.
Here’s the top 20 selling retail games in the UK for the week ending December 19, 2015, according to GfK Chart-Track:
- Call of Duty: Black Ops 3 (up 33%)
- Star Wars Battlefront (up 20%)
- FIFA 16 (up 24%)
- Fallout 4 (up 44%)
- Minecraft: Story Mode (up 11%)
- Assassin’s Creed Syndicate (up 20%)
- Just Cause 3 (0%)
- Grand Theft Auto V (up 21%)
- Rainbow Six Siege (down 2%)
- Uncharted: The Nathan Drake Collection (up 10%)
- WWE 2K16
- Just Dance 2016
- Halo 5: Guardians
- Forza Motorsport 6
- Rise of the Tomb Raider
- LEGO Jurassic World
- LEGO Dimensions
- Need for Speed
- Minecraft: Xbox Edition
- Football Manager 2016
Are you surprised that Call of Duty won the Christmas Chart?