Along with the announcement that the FXX-K supercar would be the cover car, 505 Games and Kunos Simulazioni revealed that Assetto Corsa is coming to PlayStation 4 and Xbox One on April 19 in North America and April 22 in Europe.
Already available on Steam, Assetto Corsa is a racing simulation with an emphasis placed on “pure physics realism, with precision accuracy across every aspect from the meticulous car handling to the laser-measured tracks.”
As revealed by Eurogamer, Assetto Corsa on PS4 and Xbox One will include all of the PC Dream Packs (they add new cars and circuits) at launch, with future updates releasing at the same time as PC. Additionally, you’ll find an all-new user-interface, and the game is currently running at 1080p/60fps on PS4 and 900p on Xbox One.
Asked on Twitter about PS4 wheel support, the game’s account said, “All the commercial steering wheels that support PS4 [will be supported].”
Here’s the description:
Players are able to further deepen their playing experience by adjusting the handling and race set-up of each and every car in-game, just as in real life, whereby cars can be individually tuned to cater for your personal racing style. The overall racing experience can be further modified by adjusting everything from driver attributes to collision damage, to deliver a thrilling and true racing experience. All of these features together breed the realism that Assetto Corsa is known and celebrated for.
- Tailored to perfection – Over eighty cars are available to choose from, plus special editions, reproduced in collaboration with the most prestigious automotive manufacturers, each one authentic and unique in both characteristics and handling.
- Legendary Circuits including Silverstone Circuit, Monza, and Nürburgring-Nordschleife, all recreated using Laser Scan technology so that each bump, curb and slope is a perfect match to the real counterpart.
- Precision Physics bring a new dimension to the car and track, from tyre flat spots & heat cycles to the dynamic simulation of the tyre rubber deposited on track and recreated light conditions based on geographical coordinates.
- Multiple Race Modes include Career mode, special and unique events and challenges. Fully customizable single player and multiplayer modes include quick races, race weekends including free practice sessions, qualifying session, drag races, drift challenges and more!
- Tuning & Driver Assist profiles allow the overall racing experience to be further modified by adjusting everything from car attributes to collision damage to let players of any proficiency with a joypad or supported racing wheel.
By pre-ordering Assetto Corsa you’ll receive the Performance Pack, which includes access to three exclusive cars.