Developed by Quadro Delta, with Abstraction Games handling the console port, Pixel Piracy is coming to PlayStation 4 and Xbox One on February 16 in North America and Europe for $14.99.
Letting you play as a pirate captain, Pixel Piracy is described as a “side-scrolling, two-dimensional real-time strategy/sandbox/simulation game,” making it the only open-world, pirate management simulation game available on consoles.
With the console version, Abstraction Games created a new control system to give you the optimum Pixel Piracy experience. Additionally, all the major updates made to the PC version since launch will be packed in, including a new tutorial, a restructured skill tree, revamped RPG stat system, overhauled AI, integrated weather system, new weapons, items, skills, and bounties, and new pirate user interface, captain behavior and character customization.
Here’s the full description:
Adventure awaits on the high seas… In Pixel Piracy, players lead the life of a pirate captain in this fun, swashbuckling RPG adventure game. Recruit a crew, outfit and customize your ship – then set sail on the open seas! There, players will use any combination of aggression and trade to become the most infamous pirate crew of the seven seas! You can raid, pillage and plunder everything in your path, get what you want or trade for a quick buck. Remember to be careful though, death is everywhere!
- Hire Your Own Crew – Carefully choose the best sailors and swashbucklers you can afford. Equip them with weapons, armor and special items. Upgrade and specialize them through experience, increasing their stats and teaching them new skills.
- Build Your Own Ship – Customize and upgrade your ship however you want. Utilize masts and sails for extra speed, cannons and guns for combat, entertainment and food, training gear and decorations.
- Random Generated Open World – The game plays differently every time you start it – a vast over-world map full of danger, loot, and people to prey on awaits you!
- Pirate RPG Management System – A comprehensive loot system that offers upgrade-able weapons and special and secret loot to deck out your sailors.
- Plunder and Fighting – The basis of every Pirate’s breakfast! Board enemy ships on sea or search islands looking for hidden treasures and fugitives.
- Console Control System – Specifically built out to give the optimum Pixel Piracy experience.
- Updates – Console version contains all the major updates made to the PC version since launch, including a new tutorial to ease you into the world of piracy, a completely restructured skill tree, revamped RPG stat system, overhauled AI, fully integrated weather system and a ton of new weapons, items, skills, and bounties. Also contains all new pirate user interface, captain behavior, and character customization.
“If you like pirates, this is the game for you,” Executive Producer Alex Poysky said. “If you like the sound of recruiting a motley crew and sailing the seven seas in search of booty, other pirate crews to kill, chasing chickens, building your ship block by block, cleaning the poop deck, boarding enemy ships, then jump aboard.”
[Source: PS Blog]