Pixel Maverick Games has announced that its puzzle adventure title, Candlelight, is out now on PlayStation 4. Brought to us by Rod Move, a former EA and Activision Creative Director and Lead Designer, the game follows a lone candle’s journey “through a dangerous land to bring light back to the world.” According to an official description of the title:
After a mysterious entity extinguishes all the candles in the land, a lone surviving candle sets out on a most important adventure to bring light back to the land.
Get ready for an adventure that takes the lone candle through many unique and dangerous lands. Visit lost tropical islands, desolate deserts, lava filled volcanoes, vast oceans, dark forests, puzzling castles, and more. Jump, shoot, push, and burn your way through the quest of a lifetime.
Players can expect the following:
- 15 huge levels in a world filled with action, exploration, and puzzles
- Explore 45 hidden temples based on water, earth, and fire
- Blast TNT with the candle’s fireballs to reveal secret areas
- Battle 3 bosses based on smoke, water and ice
- Take to the skies in a hot air balloon
- Cross oceans in a pirate ship armed with cannons
- Real-time lighting system that casts beautiful dynamic shadows
- Find and collect idols throughout the world
- Speed-run times supported out of the box
- Tight and responsive controls
- Smooth gameplay featuring 60fps on PS4
Candlelight is available for $14.99 via the PlayStation Store.