With details on the release date and pricing coming soon, Bethesda revealed the Dark Brotherhood expansion for The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited today, and the above video gives you a tease of what to expect.
Taking you to the Gold Coast, the westernmost region of the old Empire, Dark Brotherhood will come in two parts: the DLC game pack itself, and the base game patch:
Dark Brotherhood DLC Game Pack Features & Content
- Join the Dark Brotherhood and become an assassin for hire
- Visit the Gold Coast, available to characters of all levels, where you can explore Anvil and Kvatch for the first time since The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion
- Hours of exciting story content and quests that will have you revisiting your favorite areas of Tamriel
- New, repeatable quest content involving Contracts and the Black Sacrament
- Challenging new group bosses and delves to conquer
- A new passive skill line exclusive to members of the Dark Brotherhood
- Unique costumes, motifs and item sets inspired by the deadly Dark Brotherhood
Base Game Patch Features & Content
- The removal of Veteran Ranks
- Poison-Making, for those who want to be especially nasty to their enemies
- Toggle-able nameplates for all characters
- Character name display for Xbox One and PlayStation 4
- Item locking to help prevent accidental deconstruction of your most valuable items
- Further improvements and new features to the Grouping Tool including a group ready check, vote-to-kick system, and updated queue timer
- Tons of updates to the Crown Store including additional character slots, motif previews, and hats
- Crafting bags for ESO Plus members
- Improvements and adjustments to Item Traits
- Ongoing Cyrodiil performance improvements
- Sanctum Ophidia Trial scaling, rebalancing and the addition of a Normal and Veteran mode
- Balance improvements to combat and gameplay abilities including the Fighters Guild skill line, Vampires and stamina abilities
- …and more!
The update releasing alongside Dark Brotherhood will also include changes and improvements for previous expansions, including a new District capture system for Imperial City and rebalancing for the Imperial City dungeons.
Expect to hear more about Dark Brotherhood next week after Bethesda returns from PAX East.