Calling it “the first original action-puzzle game of the past fifteen years,” developer The Quantum Astrophysicists Guild announced today that Tumblestone is releasing on July 12 for PlayStation 4, Wii U, and PC, priced at $24.99. It’s also coming to Xbox One on July 16, and will be a Games With Gold title.
A match-3 game that “strips out all the random gem flipping junk, and elevates the genre with unique puzzles and intense multiplayer gameplay in the spirit of Tetris Attack and Dr. Mario,” Tumblestone also includes a 40-hour story campaign with 12 worlds, local multiplayer for up to four players, ranked online matchmaking, bots, arcade modes, and more.
Here’s a rundown of all the features in Tumblestone:
- Competitive multiplayer: Tumblestone’s intense puzzle-solving action will turn playing “just a few more rounds” with friends into a late-night Tumblestone marathon.
- Local multiplayer: Up to four players on a single computer or console.
- Online multiplayer: Play online against your friends or make new ones using Tumblestone’s ranked matchmaking system.
- Bots: Have an open slot? Play against the computer. But can anyone withstand the punishing Nightmare bot?
- Story mode: The 40+ hour story campaign will test your puzzle-solving prowess. Featuring 10+ gameplay modifiers, challenge puzzles, and boss battles.
- Arcade modes: Kick back and relax with the casual Marathon mode, scratch an intellectual itch with the Infinipuzzle mode, or get your blood pumping with the fast-paced Heartbeat mode.
- Leaderboards: Online leaderboards let your friends know you’re better than them.
- Quests: Hundreds of unique quests to complete.
- Stats: Rank up, then compare how you stack up against your friends.
- Personalization: Choose from a dozen unique characters and environments.
The Quantum Astrophysicists Guild adds that a PlayStation 3 version is coming “soon.” Their website also lists a PlayStation Vita version, but no date was given.