An action arcade lightspear-throwing simulator based in ancient Germanic future, Lichtspeer from developer Lichthund is coming to PlayStation 4, PlayStation Vita, and PC in September 2016.
Playing as an ancient champion summoned to please the gods, you’ll use your lightspear to battle Penguin Vikings, Wurst Zombies, Hipster Ice Giants, Fish, Mechaturtles, and many other enemies. Although the throwing mechanic shown in the above trailer may seem simple at first, Lichthund’s Bartek Pieczonka says Lichtspeer is much tougher than it looks:
Hopefully most of [the enemies] will bring a smile to your face before murdering you in cold blood, and oh, they will murder you — Lichtspeer is not an easy game. The throwing mechanic might seem simple at first, but with the speed of the game, the number of different enemies, and ever-changing level design, you will be cursing a lot. That being said, we put extra effort into making Lichtspeer hard, but not frustrating — making your progress satisfying and fun.
For all the enemies you kill you’ll get points which you will be able to spend between missions to make your hero more powerful. Turn your spear into a giant hammer, summon a protective wall, or kill off all your enemies with a literal rain of spears. Sounds pretty fun, right?
In addition to the regular campaign, you’ll also find a Rage Quit Mode and a New Game Plus mode.
Here’s a list of Lichtspeer’s features:
- Experience an uber fantastich mix – a mix of arcade action and lightspear-throwing simulation.
- Battle a diverse legion of gargantuan bosses – exploit their weaknesses and smash them into pieces.
- Discover the lands of ancient Germanic future – fight hordes of Biedermeier beasts from another dimension: Wurst Zombies, Evil Spacedwarfs, Skater Walruses, you name it.
- Show off your lichtmeister skills – decapitate your enemies with headshots, execute special attacks, and generate zuper massive combos to improve your score and impress your friends!
- Rave to a bombastich space-soundtrack – ranging from electro-space marches to vibrating sounds of technocumbia.
- Rise to the challenge – see if you got what it takes to beat the cruel, nerve wrecking Rage Quit and New Game+ modes.
Pricing information wasn’t given for Lichtspeer, and Lichthund didn’t say if cross-buy would be included for PS4 and PS Vita.
[Source: PS Blog]