A story-driven, open-world adventure game set in a sci-fi ocean, Neptune Flux is releasing on November 15 for PlayStation 4 and PC, one-person developer Zoxide Games announced today. Neptune Flux also includes support for virtual reality headsets, including PlayStation VR, Oculus Rift, and HTC Vive, but it’s fully playable without one.
With the world above a dust bowl, and escape to space out of reach, you play as Sarah, an employee of A.Q.U.A., the worldwide market leader in underwater colonization. Your job is to search for the source of strange energy surges disrupting A.Q.U.A. operations, and along the way you can earn cash to upgrade your ship.
Here’s a list of Neptune Flux’s features:
- Explore the Ocean – Navigate an open ocean filled with sci-fi wonder and supernatural secrets.
- Discover the Truth – Experience the personal story of Sarah’s struggle to survive in a world that might be beyond saving.
- Find Lost Treasure – Earn cash by completing missions for A.Q.U.A., finding lost shipwrecks, and recovering valuable cargo.
- Upgrade Your Ship – Spend your cash on ship improvements to increase your effectiveness.
- Experience in VR – Grab your favorite VR headset and get lost in a fully realized world. A non-VR version is also available.
Discussing the VR support for Neptune Flux, Zoxide Games said, “Look around the humble interior of Sarah’s dive pod and hear her snarky comments. See the huge scale of wreck sites in stunning stereoscopic 3D. Listen to professionally mastered positional audio and hear everything – from creaking wooden ships to percolating bubbles – in remarkable clarity.”