Inspired by Saban’s Power Rangers, Chroma Squad is a tactical RPG coming to the Americas in early 2017 for PlayStation 4, PlayStation Vita, Xbox One, iOS, and Android, Bandai Namco announced today. Chroma Squad was released back in 2015 for PC by developer Behold Studios.
Playing as five stunt actors who decide to quit their day jobs and start their own Power Rangers-inspired TV show, Chroma Squad includes sprite-based graphics and presents its story in a humor-filled Tokusatsu style. “Throughout the game, players will cast actors, purchase & upgrade equipment, craft weapons, and build giant mechs to battle evil and fight for justice with the goal of generating high TV viewer ratings,” Bandai Namco adds.
Here’s the description for Chroma Squad, as it appears on Steam:
Chroma Squad is a tactical RPG about five stunt actors who decide to quit their jobs and start their own Power Rangers-inspired TV show! Cast actors, purchase equipment and upgrades for your studio, craft weapons and giant Mechas out of cardboard and duct tape. Once the cameras are rolling, you will control your cast of five colored-jumpsuit-clad warriors in dramatic, turn-based battles!
- Customize your TV studio: hire actors, upgrade your gear, do marketing, craft weapons, costumes and giant cardboard robots!
- Tactical RPG combat with a twist: combine your heroes’ abilities with Teamwork maneuvers!
- In-Depth RPG systems with skill trees, random equipment, crafting, and branching storyline with 3 different endings!
- Giant Mecha combat – destroy the city to save the city!
- A love letter to Power Rangers, Tokusatsu and the Japanese series of our childhoods!
- Deliciously-animated pixel art and a chiptune soundtrack that shines like justice!
It remains to be seen if Chroma Squad will undergo any changes when it comes to PS4 and PS Vita next year.
Bandai Namco didn’t say if/when Chroma Squad would come to Europe.