PopCap Games has announced a new update for Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare 2, marking the start of Trials of Gnomus. Players will get three limited-time game modes alongside new content, loot, weekly events and more. The modes are as follows:
- Cats vs. Dinos – faceoff in a Jurassic battle of felines versus dinosaurs in this fast, competitive game mode fought in a new extra-large Gnomiverse multiplayer map.
- Boss Hunt – team up with friends and take on the ultimate PvZ challenge as you battle epic bosses. Battle on higher difficulties to earn even bigger rewards.
- Super Mix Mode – a new, crazier mix of Crazy Settings featuring different combinations of characters squaring off against each other.
You can find the patch notes detailing new features and fixes below.
- Mystery Portal
- Added a Mystery Portal in the Town Hall, where it goes… well that’s a mystery. Come back often to see where it takes you!
- Mystery Portal Chests
- Added 3 chests that require rainbow stars to open, each containing unique content
- Super Mix Mode
- Added new game mode type that can appear in Mystery Portal
- Rux the Deal Breaker
- Rux the Deal Breaker will sometimes appear in the sewers and sell rare and high value items
- New Quest Board Quests
- Added some new quest types
- Trials of Eternity
- Added the trials of eternity which may or may not test your abilities to the limit
- Added new map
- Added Cats vs Dinos Mode
- Cats vs Dinos competing in elimination rounds (Only available at limited times through Mystery Portal)
- Only playable on the all new Gnomiverse XL map
- Added other surprises n’ stuff….
- Fixed case where sometimes turrets would respawn immediately after being destroyed in Delivery Time Challenges
- Fixed some customization clipping issues
- Fixed rare black screen freeze when returning to backyard battleground
- Fixed issue where Chompers feet wouldn’t trigger race checkpoints, resulting in players missing them
- Fixed some auto-warping issues in Great White North Map
- Fixed leaderboard scrolling UI issue
- Fixed incorrect team showing as winning in end of round when castle gate is destroyed after time runs out in Seeds of Time map
- Fixed some disconnection issues that displayed incorrect community portal stats
- Fixed a few cases where player would remain as goat or Rocket Chomper after completing/failing delivery challenges
- Fixed rare hang when player is trying to join a multiplayer match from portal
- Fixed edge case that created looping audio using restart button during delivery time challenge
- Fixed issue where players could shoot through the arm of the giant Zomboss Mech in Zombopolis
- Fixed some display issues with Progress-o-meter when joining another players backyard battleground
- Fixed some issues when restarting time challenge while gnome freeze time target is active
- Fixed a few exploitable areas where players were able to climb out of world in Moon Base Z
- Fixed issue where friends couldn’t join a friend in a multiplayer server when friends backyard battleground was set to private
- Fixed issue where some players were not able to join a Garden/Graveyard Ops session when session was in progress
- Fixed some collision bone issues for pirate and engineer turrets (was not updating with rotation of turret)
- Added Breakfast Brainz and Toxic Citron AI to special challenges and challenge waves in Ops
- Fixed incorrect difficulty being show when joining another players Backyard Battleground
- Fixed audio issue of toxic citron weapon playing wrong flyby sound
- Fixed a few instances where the end of round check-mark for being “ready” was inaccurately checked on
- Fixed instance where players were able to play as character variants in Welcome Mat playlist
- Fixed buggy chomp camera transition when chomped by Hot Rod/Fire Chomper and Count Chompula
- Fixed instance where purchase coins button sometimes disappeared
- Fixed some bad collision boxes in Frosty Creek
- Fixed instance where a Failed to Connect message was being displayed even when successfully matchmaking
- Made the Pea Shooter’s Chili bean non-pushable by characters
- Fixed multiple issues with Gnome Bomb interfering with Legendary Modes. Picking up the Gnome Bomb no longer cancels Legendary Modes.
For more details and developer notes on tuning/balancing, follow the source link below.