Digimon World: Next Order will be available in early 2017 in North America and Europe for PlayStation 4, Bandai Namco has announced. You’ll be able to pick it up at retail and digital stores in Europe, while the North American release is digital-only (though it is listed on Amazon).
Next Order opens with you getting sucked into the Digital World, only to discover that it’s under siege by Machinedramons. After getting rescued by two Digimon, you have to travel through the Digital World to find out why the Machinedramon are attacking and find a way back home.
The description adds:
Along the way, players will nurture and train their Digimon partners for battle as they progress through the game. Digimon World: Next Order contains over 200 Digimon for players to meet, recruit, and interact with throughout their adventure. Digimon World: Next Order will also give players the choice of playing as either a male or female protagonist and enable players to explore the Digital World with two Digimon partners for the first time in franchise history. The key to finding a way back to the real world and stopping the Digital World from total destruction at the hands of Machinedramons will lie in building strong bonds and providing effective training for each Digimon.
- Over 200 Digimon from the animated series!
- Choose between a male or female protagonist
- For the first time ever in the series, explore the Digital World with not one, but TWO Digimon partners!
- Your success in battles & the growth of your partners is totally dependent on you: Raise, train, feed, discipline, etc. in real-time to form strong bonds with your Digimon companions.
- Evolved AI Battle System: Strong bonds with your partners is key – train your Digimon to excel in AI battles on their own
Next Order will include English and Japanese voice-overs, as well as English, French, and Spanish subtitles in North America, and English, French, Italian, German, and Spanish subtitles in Europe.
Bandai Namco’s Jason Enos said:
The Digimon franchise is enjoying a resurgence in popularity and we’re excited to deliver a new Digimon adventure to fans; fueling the flames of their enthusiasm. With Digimon World: Next Order we’re taking the concept of raising and nurturing Digimon to a new level. Only the best and most diligent Digimon Tamers will be able to save the Digital World from its eminent destruction.
There was no mention of a Western release for the PS Vita version.