Just like ZombiU, LEGO City Undercover is making the jump from Wii U to PlayStation 4.
On Twitter today, Warner Bros and LEGO announced that LEGO City Undercover is releasing in spring 2017 for PS4, Xbox One, PC, and Nintendo Switch. While the original announcement just featured those details, LEGO added on Twitter that it’s a remastered re-release, and more information will be coming over the next couple of months.
Released in 2013 for Wii U, LEGO City Undercover sees you playing as undercover detective Chase McCain. As you try to stop Rex Fury and end his crime wave, you’ll be able to collect more than 100 vehicles that can be used to explore the big city.
Here’s what the Wii U description for LEGO City Undercover says:
For the first time, the fan-favorite LEGO City vehicles and play sets come to life in LEGO City Undercover, exclusively for the new Wii U console. Players assume the identity of Chase McCain, an undercover detective armed with clever disguises. The mission is to put a stop to the fiendish Rex Fury and end his crime wave in LEGO City. As players run, drive and even fly through the city, they’ll use the Wii U GamePad controller as a new police gadget.
- The Wii U GamePad is woven seamlessly into the game-play experience. Players use it to scan for hidden clues and criminals, receive mission updates and place waypoints on an overhead city map that displays their position in real time.
- Experience LEGO City like never before. Players will encounter familiar play sets come to life as they explore the vast city, looking for clues to bring RexFury to justice.
- Players can go undercover with a variety of disguises, including a firefighter,a construction worker and even a robber, and use their unique abilities tosolve puzzles and access new areas of the city.
- There are more than 100 vehicles for players to collect and use to explore the city, including sports cars, motorcycles and even aircraft.
- LEGO video games are known for their humor and parody, and LEGO City Undercover delivers this and more with fully voiced characters and ambient crowds, bringing LEGO City to life.
It remains to be seen what changes will be made for the PS4 version.
When Warner Bros has more information on LEGO City Undercover for PS4, we’ll let you know.