Game publisher BadLand games has announced that it has partnered with Siberian game developer Alawar Premium and North America-based Octopus Tree to bring the award-winning sandbox action-adventure game Goliath to the PlayStation 4.
In Goliath, players are tasked with trying to survive in a world ruled by giants and the player must try to scavenge resources and materials to create gigantic robotic suits called Goliaths, to help them either to battle against giants and other monsters or use it in exchange for their lives.
Here are some of the other features Goliath has to offer:
- Build a ‘bot: learn how to create dozens of robotic Goliath suits from a variety of materials – including wood, stone, and metal. Each Goliath can be customised and equipped with a variety of weapons and add-ons that grant new abilities.
- Survive a savage land: gather materials to build the tools needed to survive – such as healing salves and protective fortresses. As players
- explore the world, they’ll learn more complex recipes for better tools and weapons.
- A living world: explore environments such as rolling prairies, dense forests, eerie swamps, and frozen tundras – all with dynamic weather and a complete day/night cycle. Weather and terrain will affect how each Goliath type performs, so make sure you have the right machine for the job!
- Choose a side: several factions vie for control of resources and territory. Each faction can offer different strategic advantages in unique weapon and robot plans, so you must carefully choose which to align with. Broker a peace deal or rally your faction to accelerate the war!
- Procedurally-generated world: with procedurally-generated environments
- and quests, the world of Goliath is full of surprises!
Goliath on the PS4 is set for digital-only release on the PlayStation 4 sometime in the third quarter of this year.