A 4v1 asymmetrical horror game, Dead by Daylight is coming to PlayStation 4 and Xbox One on June 20 in North America and June 23 in Europe. Releasing through physical and digital retailers, it will cost $29.99 USD.
If you pick up the retail version of Dead by Daylight, you’ll receive the original soundtrack, the 80’s Suitcase DLC, the Bloodstained Sack DLC, the Of Flesh and Mud DLC, and a future DLC that has yet to be announced. With the add-on content, you’ll find new clothes, new outfits, a new Killer, a new Survivor, and a map.
A “Mature Gamer take on the thrills of Hide & Seek,” here’s what to expect from the cat and mouse gameplay of Dead by Daylight:
Players experience two styles of gameplay — as a survivor, from third-person perspective; or the killer, in first-person perspective. Survivors can work together or act alone using their situational awareness, while killers are on the hunt in first-person, focused on their prey. With a dynamic environment that changes after every play through, players must find new ways to escape the Killing Ground without getting caught.
- A Feast for Killers – Dead by Daylight draws from all corners of the horror world. Play anything from a powerful Slasher to terrifying paranormal entity. Players can familiarize themselves with the Killing Grounds and master each killer’s unique power to be able to hunt, catch and sacrifice victims.
- Deeper and Deeper – Each killer and survivor has their own deep progression system and plenty of unlockables that can be customized to fit each player’s own personal strategy. Experience, skills and understanding of the environment are key to being able to hunt or outwit the killer.
- Real Fear – Expect the unexpected. Ambience, music, and chilling environments combine into a terrifying experience. With enough time, players might even discover what’s hiding in the fog.
- Survive Together… Or Not – Survivors can either cooperate with the others or be selfish. Chances for survival depend on player’s decisions.
- Where Am I? – Each level is procedurally generated, so players never know what to expect. Random spawn points mean players will never feel safe as the world and its danger change every play through.
The PC version has sold more than 1.8 million copies so far.