Paw Print Games and nDreams announced today that co-op brawler Bloody Zombies is coming to PlayStation 4, PlayStation VR, Xbox One, PC, Oculus Rift, and HTC Vive in 2017.
Set in London after a zombie invasion, Bloody Zombies supports one to four players with any combination of TV and VR players, online or locally. Following the story of four lone survivors – Teller, Rei, Mick, and Eddie – you’ll fight the zombies using freeform combat, melee weapons, unlockable special moves, and chainable combos.
Here’s the features list:
- Freeform Combat – Accessible yet deep freeform combat. Combine moves to discover brutal, endlessly chainable combos. Unlock upgradable special moves & passive skills to expand your zombie-slaying abilities.
- A Fragile Alliance – Unite with friends online & locally, with or without a VR headset. Work together to tear through the undead hordes, whilst competing for the highest score. VR’s enhanced viewpoint allows you to assist other players – lean in & look around to overcome obstacles & give tactical support.
- Lone Survivors – Choose from four survivors, brought together to fight the zombie plague – Teller, Mick ‘The Brick’, Rei, & Eddie. Customise each character’s skillset & wield a destructive arsenal of melee weapons.
- Fight the Horde – Take on a diverse plague of zombies, with loads of deadly mutations & abominable bosses to contend with. Learn to change tactics to match your foe & survive!
- London’s Brawling – Work together across the diverse, overrun zombie wasteland. Fight your way through the remains of iconic London streets & landmarks to take back the city. Levels are overrun with secrets, & events to discover.
Studio Co-Founder Antony White explained what to expect from the VR support:
If you have a PlayStation VR headset, you can also immerse yourself in all-out brawl with an enhanced viewpoint designed specifically for the VR player. This enables you to lean in and look around each level like never before. Discover unlockable weapons, provide tactical support, and watch over the gore as the battle rages on beneath you.
White later added, “When you’re playing in VR, you can still play as your character (who will be wearing a little headset in-game) and beat up zombies as well as look around.”
This screenshot gives you an idea of the perspective VR players can expect:
White also said the team is looking at PS4 Pro enhancements.