Iron Galaxy (Divekick, Killer Instinct) and publisher Maximum Games have announced Extinction, a fast-paced action game coming to PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC in Q1 2018. At the very end of the cinematic trailer, in the E3 2017 Gameplay Walkthrough preview bubble, you’ll get a quick glimpse at gameplay.
Playing as Avil, one of the world’s last Sentinels, Extinction sees you battling 150-foot-tall ogres and the armies that follow them. The fights will take place across a sprawling countrysides, defending cities and rescuing native villagers in the process. “Use the dynamic skill-based combat system to tactically disarm and dismember enemies before going in for the kill,” Iron Galaxy adds.
Maximum Games Executive Producer Derek Neal says:
As the protagonist tasked with a huge undertaking – both in fighting enormous ogres and saving humans from disaster – each player’s experience will be varied, as the landscapes and battle situations are never identical.
Here’s the description for Extinction:
From time immemorial, the world has been at war. For generations, humans have fought one another for land and riches while our true enemies have lurked in the distance: throngs of ravenous monsters standing 150 feet tall that aim to destroy our kind. Only those trained in the ways of the ancient order stand a chance at defeating these monstrosities, known colloquially as “ogres.” You are one of the world’s last defenders, a warrior named Avil equipped with the skill, speed and strength to oppose the endless wave of Ravenii and prevent a fate worse than death: Extinction.
- Deep Story Campaign. Protect the human population across an abundant story campaign, rescuing as many civilians as possible and taking down brutal opponents.
- Dynamic Side Missions. Complete numerous side missions with various objectives, earning upgrades to aid you in your campaign.
- Skill-Based Combat. Travel horizontally and vertically, perform wall runs, and use your whip as a vault to perform devastating air assaults. Master dynamic combat maneuvers to effectively traverse the giant beasts and expose their weak points, progressing along different skill trees to develop a path best suited to your playstyle.
- Interactive Environment. Move freely around a fully destructible environment, and use objects throughout the world to your strategic advantage.
- Innumerable Battle Scenarios. Every battlefield is different from the last, ensuring a unique combat situation each time you play.
- Custom Battles. Create custom battlegrounds with varied objectives, and challenge players online to compete for the top score.
- Extinction Mode. Fight off a continuous horde of assailants as wave after wave of ogres and their minions attack without relent.
Extinction will be shown off behind closed doors at E3 2017.
[Source: Iron Galaxy]