Missing its summer launch window by a few weeks, Raid: World War II is releasing on October 10 in North America and October 13 in Europe for PlayStation 4 and Xbox One, developer Lion Game Lion announced today. It will be available both physically and digitally. The PC version, which is out on September 26, will be digital-only.
Starring John Cleese as the British intelligence officer Control, Raid: World War II is a four-player co-operative first-person shooter that follows four prisoners of war who are freed by Mrs. White to take down Hitler and his Third Reich.
Here’s what to expect from Raid:
- Class Based Gameplay – Players choose from four different classes – Recon, Assault, Insurgent, or Demolitions – each with their own highly developed skill tree that allows for various play styles
- War Cries – Each character class can unleash their own powerful War Cry to buff their player or the entire team
- Character Customization – Raid’s four heroes represent the main combatants from the European theater of WWII: Great Britain, USA, Germany, and the Soviet Union. Each character possesses a unique look and a customizable uniform
- Lethal Weapon Modifications – the Second World War was infamous for arming the world with deadly and experimental weapons that went “bang” in lethal fashion. Raid: World War II gives players access to an array of precision killing machines complete with weapons upgrades such as custom barrels, stocks, fore grips, optic sights and much more to satisfy a variety tastes
- Operations Mode – Raid: World War II offers players the opportunity to play through extended versions of their favorite missions by undertaking the “Operations” gameplay mode. Operations challenges players through a chained series of highly modified raids, featuring new storylines, and added content and objectives;
- Challenge Cards – By participating and completing successful raids, players will earn Challenge Cards that allow them tocustomize the rules of a raid in a give-and-take fashion. For example, enemy ammo drops will increase, providing players withmore ammunition to hold enemies at bay; however, the damage inflicted by enemies will be greater;
- Real-World Locations – The game’s setting takes place in real-world locations across war-torn Europe. From mighty m dominating the heart of Berlin, to the idyllic bridge over the Elbe, players will travel through a war-torn Europe and bring destruction to Nazis in every corner of Hitler’s Reich.
Ultimately, Game Director Ilija Petrusic says the goal in Raid is simple: “sabotage, assassinate, and pulverize everything bearing a swastika, mess with Hitler, and steal his treasures.”