The Division Update 1.7 will release tomorrow, August 15, following three hours of server maintenance beginning at 12:30am PT/3:30am ET, Ubisoft has revealed. It will bring several new features, which you can see in the above trailer.
Here’s a list of the features in Update 1.7:
- Global Events – The update will introduce a new event system that will challenge players to find new ways to play through time-limited activities and new gameplay modifiers. New events will be available regularly and will grant exclusive rewards on completion. Players will be able to activate additional modifiers for some missions and incursions, adding an extra layer of challenge that gives them a chance to yield more rewards.
- Commendations – Previously called feats, commendations are part of a new built-in achievement system that provides players with a series of tasks and subsequent rewards.
- Encrypted Caches – Caches are loot boxes with random customization items and emotes inside. Players will be able to obtain caches by gathering keys in the world, or they can purchase them with premium credits.
- New Gear and Customization Options – New gear includes classified gear sets, new face masks and arm patches. Players will also be able to re-customize their agents for free at the barbershop.
- Survival Improvements – New scoring items will allow players to achieve higher scores. And the reward economy has been reworked so that time investment is more on par with other activities.
Outbreak is the first Global Event, and it will run from August 15 at 9am PT/12pm ET until August 22.
Update 1.7 marks the first free major update of The Division Year 2. The second update is expected by the end of 2017.
If you don’t own Survival, the second expansion for The Division, it will be available to play for free from August 18 at 6am PT/9am ET until August 20 at 12pm PT/3pm ET across PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC.
To go along with the Survival Free Weekend, there will be discounts on The Division, its Season Pass, and its expansions.
Will you be revisiting The Division this week?